Diabetes - Type 2 Community
Burning, hurting bottom of feet

This patient support community is for discussions relating to type 2 diabetes, celiac disease, depression, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, islet cell transplantation, diabetes nutrition, parenting a diabetic child, gestational diabetes, and insulin pump therapy.

Burning, hurting bottom of feet

I was diagnosed diabtetic less than a yr. ago. I take 2 75mg. Metformin a day. I eat realiviely health for a diabetic.
for months the bottom of my feet, esp. the right one, hurt to walk on, are sore, and burn. I've been several times to a foot doctor, I've gotten recommeneded shoe insoles (not expensive) I've tried predisone. Nothing seems to help. Right foot is worst! He says it could be all three; my fibromyalgia, diabetes, and fibromyalgia. It is hindering my life in walking and even in hurting when not on. Can it be anything else.? What can I do for it? sometimes hurting and sometimes burning (alittle on other foot). It really impairs me. I test my numbers daily and they are fine...
Help, please, it makes me miserable.
Tags: feet
I too suffer from fibromyalgia and diabetes...seems like they go hand in hand.
My feet hurt alot too.  One of my doctors suggested diabetic nueropathy.  It could be something to look into and be tested for.
What are you taking for the fibro?  Could it be contraindicating of the Metformin?  
Hope all goes well...
I wonder and do TOO much time on computer looking and looking for info. I've had so many illnesses since 18. (now 57) fibro pure mystery and (Hell) then....I'm on disability with things.
I read already Metformin can depelete B12. I've read B12 can cause some of these symptoms. Drs. say not, (what else is new?!!) she wants me on new Lyrica for fibro (I'm on Prozac and Klonopin for many many yrs and can't get off!).  From what I read on computer burning nerupoptahy burns at night too, I've been "down" with terrible cold going arond for a week, if I'm OFF feet, or lying, sitting, no burning and hurting on bottom of feet, (also for yrs. legs pains when on, I do get cortisone shots for spinal decompression; much worse since I had to quit my sitting state job). My foot dr. says can be neuropathy/fibromyalgia/facitis (excuse spelling) where esp. sore, Prednisone (he would not give cortisone shot to me) did not help. Isn't neuropathy pain and burning when NOT on feet too? Do you know for sure? right now terrible cold- been off feet(so ok) (bronchities going around) for a week!!! I'm planning of splurging on either Trivolta products (advertised on TV; Christian shows, many products) OR have books on ($168 a mo.) supplements for fibromyalgia, by Dr Murphree (great book; I've read them all for 30 yrs!) very expensive $168 a mo. but I must get better. I have twin grandbabies and I am only relative to babysit and I'm always sick....always had Sensitive nerves. Did you do any studying in any of these areas. Stress always makes me WORSE. Blessing for your input.....thanks. Lynn 22 (PA). )os. hair coming out for months)...stress? Blessings!
As far as I know, neuropathy causes pain and stinging and it doesn't matter what time of day or what position you are in.   If the pain goes away when you are OFF your feet than you might be looking at something else.
Cortisone is VERY bad for you.  It also will mess with your blood sugars so try to stay away from it at all costs.
Prednisone causes so many side effects that I wonder if it is even worth it for a person to take it unless it is absolutely a life-threatening situation!  I have not heard of Trivolta products or Dr. Murphree but will research them.  St. Johns Wort is holistic supplement for depression that has shown some promise for the treatment of FM but since you are taking Prozac and Klonopin - I don't recommend you trying it - it is contraindicating of the others and will make you very ill.  You would need to get off them first for atleast 2-3 months.  Stress makes everything worse for me as well.  
How did you go about getting disability?  I have been sick for over 5-6 years and I have tried several times to work at a normal sit down at desk office job - 8-5 but I end up having to take too much time off due to my "flare ups" and the depression and anxiety that go with them.
Blessing to you - Keep the Faith.
Hope is all we have some days - right?
Am Type 2 for several years, numbers good, but have foot pain also, mostly at night until lately. I stood for 2 days in a row to cut out patterns.  Ended up with the left foot hurting and it does not let up , especially if i stand on it again. Tested negative for Neuropathy so can't account for this. This feels almost like the whole bottom of my foot is bruised.  If I soak it in hot water, is better until the next time I stand again. So far i haven't seen a Dr. as had assumed this would eventually stop on its own.
I do have Fibro also.
                                 PJ
thnks for info. appreciate it. Depression becoming worse for me, always alone Depresed, aloneness, can't work with problems, unreliable to volunteer. I wonder if right, feet are much much better when not on them, now I do have alittle burning while sitting and writing. Yesterday day  went to store and pain in legs and some in feet so bad I couldn't take it!!!! sat in car. Last yr. I took care of yard mostly, this yr. dead spots everywehre AGAIN ,no inititiave to spend 3rd yr working like a dog in yard.....anyway poor dad (gone 16 yrs) they put on diabonese for diabetes (he's get too low sugar then, he knew nothing!) and prednisone for mild leucemia; died of massive heart attach. poor man, I could kick his dr. Dad knew nothing about ailments/ I knew only not to eat sugar then I'd tell him, Disavbility stinks cause if feet, fibro, etc etc not up to doing things, trips, outing w/ firends, yardwork, and feeling badly, BUT P.A. suggested for several yrs. to see a certain lawyer  for disability, mine started with 4 hrs. memory testing at good hsp, cause kept getting in touble at work for poor memory (I SURE have) some tests not good, my boss cracked down so hard on errors that I would have been FIRED!!! (state work; one typo error per 6 mo), 1st lawyer -no,one from P.A., good, never met him, dealt on phone w/ ***'t! So many papers, (and every yr. work so jmany my drs. to see, fill them out, but SHOCK, I got it!!! and it was suggested I try S.S. disability. No way I said, I filled out and was accepted.!!! Course you better be seeing alot of drs. - rhumatologist, psychiatarist, pschologist, (I quit last 2 for now), I get cortisone shots every 3 mo for sciatic; sitting at work was ok, on legs bad! Pain has changed being on legs feet hurts & non specifici areas. I'm Harrisburg, PA for lawyer, YOU? Depression getting worse...God Bless! What state you? if PA, I'll send lawyers name! We ALL need $ to live on!! God bless rsvp. please. Depression getting worse, mUST get out to see people! k.in.t.