Cinnamon and Diabetes
I read on a government website that sudies show that taking 1/2 to 1 teaspoon a day of cinnamon heplps to regulate glucose in diabetics. Has anyone tried this themselves? What was your experience? Did it work?
The evidence is still out on that. Sprinkling a little or usinf sticks in your tea probably won't hurt any but I wouldn't overdo it, nor would I use it in place of more conventional methods to control it
Also if that info you saw was from a study in Pakistan, done in 2003 it would seem that they should have been able to replicate those results in a larger study by now. If they havent't maybe it's because they couldn't.
I don't know haven't looked further.
I have experienced that cinnamon definitely does lower blood sugar effectively. You can sprinkle it on your yogurt, or cereal or fruit.  You can boil some cinnamon stick in your tea.  1/2 to 1 teaspoon is too much, however - cinnamon is a strong spice.  It is also a blood thinner so should not be used with blood thinner druge (e.g. warfarin).

It should be used, however, IN CONJUNCTION WITH proper diet, exercise, and weight loss.  I have been experimenting with controlling my recently diagnosed Type II diabetis with diet, exercise, weight loss, cinnamon, green tea and "Metabazon" a supplement made from Amazon Rainforest botanicals (bountifulhealing.amazonherb.net).  I absolutely do not want to take any drugs. So far it's been working beautifully.

Shanti