Diabetes - Type 2 Community
Cinnamon and Diabetes
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to type 2 diabetes, celiac disease, depression, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, islet cell transplantation, diabetes nutrition, parenting a diabetic child, gestational diabetes, and insulin pump therapy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Cinnamon and Diabetes

I read on a government website that sudies show that taking 1/2 to 1 teaspoon a day of cinnamon heplps to regulate glucose in diabetics. Has anyone tried this themselves? What was your experience? Did it work?
Tags: Diabetes
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
97628_tn?1204465633
The evidence is still out on that. Sprinkling a little or usinf sticks in your tea probably won't hurt any but I wouldn't overdo it, nor would I use it in place of more conventional methods to control it
Blank
97628_tn?1204465633
Also if that info you saw was from a study in Pakistan, done in 2003 it would seem that they should have been able to replicate those results in a larger study by now. If they havent't maybe it's because they couldn't.
I don't know haven't looked further.
Blank
I have experienced that cinnamon definitely does lower blood sugar effectively. You can sprinkle it on your yogurt, or cereal or fruit.  You can boil some cinnamon stick in your tea.  1/2 to 1 teaspoon is too much, however - cinnamon is a strong spice.  It is also a blood thinner so should not be used with blood thinner druge (e.g. warfarin).

It should be used, however, IN CONJUNCTION WITH proper diet, exercise, and weight loss.  I have been experimenting with controlling my recently diagnosed Type II diabetis with diet, exercise, weight loss, cinnamon, green tea and "Metabazon" a supplement made from Amazon Rainforest botanicals (bountifulhealing.amazonherb.net).  I absolutely do not want to take any drugs. So far it's been working beautifully.

Shanti
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
Start Tracking Now
Blank
Weight Tracker
Track your weight
Start Tracking Now
Recent Activity
1236893_tn?1408490528
Blank
gymdandee commented on Protect Yourself from...
4 mins ago
Blank
Paxiled commented on Protect Yourself from...
2 hrs ago
296076_tn?1371338074
Blank
melimeli commented on krichar's status
14 hrs ago
Diabetes - Type 2 Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
748543_tn?1371753642
Blank
TMJ/TMJ The Connection Between Teet...
Jan 27 by Hamidreza Nassery , DMD, FICOI, FAGDBlank
469720_tn?1388149949