Diabetes - Type 2 Community
Control and management of Polyneuropathy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to type 2 diabetes, celiac disease, depression, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, islet cell transplantation, diabetes nutrition, parenting a diabetic child, gestational diabetes, and insulin pump therapy.

In 5 /2006 i was admitted with a bad alcohol problem. By the time i was discharged 8 /2007 i had developed diabetes II, and a poor liver.
As time pasted i developed problems with my feet, calf, knees and all 10 fingers at the joints. I was diagnosed as having Axonal polyneruropathy in 6/2008.
Since this problem was self induced by my own personal habits and not genetic is there a chance in hell i can salvage the parts that are still not damaged or revers the current situation. My liver has made a dramatic recovery since i dont drink at all now and i was hoping the pancrese would do the same to improve the diabetes
Please enlighten me with your medical expertise as i feel some of the Doctors work hard in my case are holding back something. I respect their medical ethics and their skills since they did bring me back to "life" but it makes me feel helplessly lost being kept in the dark about my future.

Bond
You have done well so far.Your determination and the following will bring you back to normal in 6 to 12 months.Do the breathing seriously and make it a part of daily routine.Come back to report your progress and many will benefit, as this is something new and people need to be aware of the benefits.The pancreas will also recover and the diabetes will also go away.This is the way to help yourself and take control of your health and life.
You need to help your body to build up your immune system.The breathing exercises - pranayam is a holistic approach creating extra oxygen supply in the body and will slowly help with the health problem.Do the pranayam to see the benefits.Build up your timing slowly and after two weeks at the suggested duration you will start to notice benefits.

Bhastrika - Take a long deep breath into the lungs(chest not tummy) via the nose and then completely breathe out through the nose.Duration upto 5 minutes.

Kapalbhati -(Do it before eating) Push air forcefully out through the nose about once per second. Stomach will itself go in(contract in). The breathing in(through the nose) will happen automatically. Establish a rhythm and do for upto 30 minutes twice a day.(Max 60 min/day) Not for pregnant women. Seriously ill people do it gently.

Anulom Vilom - Close your right nostril with thumb and deep breath-in through left nostril  
then – close left nostril with two fingers and breath-out through right nostril  
then -keeping the left nostril closed  deep breath-in through right nostril
then - close your right nostril with thumb and breath-out through left nostril.
This is one cycle of anulom vilom.
Repeat this cycle for 20 to 30  minutes twice a day(maximum 60 minutes in one day).
You can do this before breakfast/lunch/dinner or before bedtime or in bed.Remember to take deep long breaths into the lungs.You can do this while sitting on floor or chair or lying in bed.

Bhramri Pranayam -Close eyes. Close ears with thumb, index finger on forehead, and rest three fingers on base of nose touching eyes. Breathe in through nose. And now breathe out through nose while humming like a bee.
Duration : 5 to 10 times
----
Only by doing you will benefit and will feel good that you can do something to help the body.Copy and print this to master the technique.This is  simplified pranayam for everyone and you do not have to go to classes to learn. This is for life unlike short term classes where you do it in the class then stop when classes are over.