Coping and Reducing NumbnessNeuropathy
I found a group here that had a left thalamic stroke. Mine was November 2016 and in spite  of PT, acupuncture, and deep massages, my numbness on the right side of my body has intensified and spread out. Today was the first time my entire calf felt numb; it had been confined to the exterior side and I barely noticed it. And my right foot is almost completely numb although it comes and goes. Ambulation is challenging, to say the least. I had acupuncture today and got a little relief but not much yet. I'm just overwhelmed by the physical challenges at this point. I recently started taking neurontin and had high hopes for its stopping my numbness.  I can't offer any solutions as such. I resume PT week after next. It improved my capacity to balance significantly. I'm committed to learning and sharing as much as possible about coping with and improving the neuropathy. Any suggestions?
This is a diabetes page.  Do you have diabetes, aside from the stroke?

Please let us know.

If the numbness is diabetes related, it can be reversed (in time) by strict adherence to low carb diet and with maintained normal blood sugars.