DAN progression
I am a 61 Y/O male, Dx  Alzheimer, early stage, Diabetic Autonomic Neuropathy- advanced, DM1 - insulin dependant.  I have recently developed an inablility to digest food without vomiting a few hours later.  Of course this is helping me get my glucose down into an acceptable range, but not exactly in an acceptable manner.  I have an appointment with a Gastro next week to discuss the possibility of a J-tube or PEG tube.  I have a body weight of 250, and am currently losing weight under medical management.
  Even thought I am still high functioning and cognizant of my surroundings, and somewhat educated in medicine (not a professional),  I'm apprehensious and nervous about the possibility of tube feeding and the inability to digest food properly.  I know I can't be the only person in this situation, is anyone else out there in the same boat?  What would you advise me?  I feel that I'm almost in the dark here!
Hi there!

Though motility issues may develop with long term diabetes, these may be manageable on medications and tube feeding may not be required. Also other possibilities such as GI infections/ inflammations etc may also need to be considered before deciding on a management plan. It is best advised to consult a gastroenterologist at this time for a detailed evaluation and suggestion of an appropriate management plan.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!