Diabetes - Type 2 Community
DIABETES

This patient support community is for discussions relating to type 2 diabetes, celiac disease, depression, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, islet cell transplantation, diabetes nutrition, parenting a diabetic child, gestational diabetes, and insulin pump therapy.

DIABETES

What are keytones?
the presence of keytones in the bloodstream
Ketones are substances that are produced when fat cells break down. They can make the blood too acidic (ketoacidosis).
I am not pregnant and have had my bloods done and I am not anaemic and have no thyroid problems however. I am getting frequent dizzy and nausea spells. Today I was at a cuss party and felt so disorientated I could see where I wanted to go but with all the kids running around I was too dizzy and had to make my way outside. I get spells where I am very warm and feel faint and nauseous . This particularly concerning me as I have a three month old baby and am afraid I will fall done the stairs or have an accident holding him. At time I feel very tired and I was wondering could this be diabetes?? I am currently bleeding when I go number twos on the toilet and the doctors say it is due to a fissure that will heal up. It's been two months and it's not healed which has also made me think if Diabetes. Can someone please help and advise me. I feel like I am pestering my doctors and telling them what tests to do but I just can't go in like this x
keytones  are a by product of the body using fat as a power source.  Keytones can also be produced when BG is very high.  Very high keytones can lead to death.
To Boodles

Diabetes is a disorder of excessive sugar in the blood, the only way to diagnose it is with a BG (blood sugar) test.  I would recommend seeing another MD I dont think your current one is taking  your problem seariucly.
A keytone is an organic compound produced when the body does not have enough insulin available to process excessive glucose in the blood. These have a "fruity" odor and can be smelled in the urine, where they are excreted. The fruity smell is a hallmark of out-of-control diabetes.
Panda
Don't know if you had your blood count before or after the fissures but you should have it one again. Perhaps anemic from blood loss. I agree with diabetes88 you should see a doctor who is taking your symptoms seriously. See a metabolic endocrinologist for a thorough exam for diabetes. See a metabolic not reproduction endo.

You need to get back to your doctor, or a different one at the surgery.  If the doctor did not prescribe you with anything to help to heal the fissure, then he should have done.  He should have prescribed a medication to soften the stools so that they are not hard so that you do not strain to empty your bowels.

He should have also prescribed a pessary for you to insert into the anal canal so that when you pass a motion it will not aggravate the tear any further and an ointment to apply around and inside the anal canal.  

If you continue to struggle and strain to pass a motion, it will be difficult for the fissure to heal.

Diabetes does not cause bleeding nor will it cause a fissure.

Feeling dizzy with nausea may be due to anxiety, inner ear or throat infections, sometimes even a urinary tract infection.

Make an appointment to see the doctor to check things out.  Write a list of your symptoms and give it to the doctor.  

With regard to you worrying about whether you have diabetes, ask your doctor to do a HBA1C blood test.  This shows the average glucose in the blood stream over a period of 3 months.   A fasting glucose test can also be done.  Having a blood test by a glucose monitor only shows the levels of glucose in your blood at the time of taking the test.

Make sure that you drink plenty of water as well as fresh fruit and vegetables to get your fibre.  High fibre cereals like porridge are also good.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.