Diabetes - Type 2 Community
Diabetes

A community of people with Type 2 Diabetes to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: nutrition, wellness, symptoms, and treatments.

Diabetes

I  am a type two diabetic. I am on insulin and metiformin. I have been diabetic since 07. My ac1 was at 12 something last year. It came down to 9.7. Just yesterday I found out I am at 6.4 for my AC1 level. My diabetes doctor told me if I saw a weight lost doctor I could possibly have a chance of getting off of my insulin. Is that true?
Tags: diabetic
You can eliminate your need for insulin and metformin by changing what you eat. Be sure to check with your doctor on the proper way to stop taking them, sometimes you have to reduce the dose slowly over a period of time. If you are controlling your need for insulin with diet, you won't need injections or medication. Check out marksdailyapple.com, it's a free website with a forum of people improving their health by diet and exercise. Many people talk about their success with weight loss, diabetes, pain, etc. I have personally lost fat, controlled my blood sugar and feel better by following the suggestions there.
If you want to feel and be healthy naturally, you will have to make an effort. And it's up to you, there comes a point where you will decide for yourself that you're tired of suffering and ready to make changes. The biggest change is diet, exercise helps but it's a smaller percentage. Another free source of great info is smarter science of slim podcasts on youtube. You won't be hungry if you eat as suggested, I promise. Carrie Brown, a co-host on the smarter science of slim podcasts, is making delicious and healthy recipes too! So you won't feel deprived.
Completely! If you keep up the AMAZING work, you can be off that nasty insulin in no time! Once doctors see that your diet, weight, and glucose levels are in the green and steady, there is a HUGE chance that you can get off insulin.

Again. AMAZING progress! I know quite a few diabetics, type 1 and 2, and I know how hard it can be to keep in control.
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
Track your weight
Miss_Amy_2009 added the Pregnancy Tracker
melimeli commented on I got no friends
Jun 02
diabetes and pregnant
Jun 02 by shayshay109