Diagnosed, afraid of needles
I was recently diagnosed with diabetes, but have been afraid of needles for my whole life.  Can anyone suggest any alternatives to injecting insulin, or ways to overcome this fear?
Being diagnosed with diabetes doesn't necessarily mean you will be on insulin right away unless your doctor decides so. I have been diabetic for the past 14 years and was only reciently put on insulin. I'm using the Lentus Solostar pen method and I use the very smallest needles to deliver the insulin. There are times I actually don't feel the needle or other wise it's a very painless prick, really. Do a google search to find out more about this system of insulin delivery. Hope this is helpful.
Hi derpiggish, welcome to the MedHelp.org Type 2 Diabetes Community!

We have a couple of articles on MedHelp.org and in our Sugar Sense app on this topic. One is about alternatives to injected insulin, and the other is about how to cope with injections if you don't like needles.

http://www.medhelp.org/diabetes/articles/Your-Insulin-Options/1804
http://www.medhelp.org/diabetes/articles/Needle-Anxiety-What-Can-I-Do/1749

You can find them in the Stay Well and Expert Answers sections of the Health Guide in the app, which is full of helpful diabetes information. Access it by going to the bar menu in the upper left hand corner and then scrolling down to Health Guide.
Some people with type 2 diabetes will find that eating a ketogenic diet eliminates their need for insulin.  

However, if you really need insulin to contrl blood sugars then please do not be scared to use it.  Blood sugar control is critical to health.

The complications of uncontrolled blood sugar will be far worse than the prick of a very small needle.  The need is actually so small and thin that in many cases it cannot be felt.