Diabetes - Type 2 Community
Fluctuating Blood Sugar

A community of people with Type 2 Diabetes to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: nutrition, wellness, symptoms, and treatments.

Fluctuating Blood Sugar

I am a 47 year old female.  My blood sugar keeps fluctuating and the fluctuations are within a short amount of time.  The other day it dropped to 49 and after some orange juice and a few other food items it went to 119. Within a half hour it dropped again to 62.  This is not the first time my blood sugar level has dropped significantly.  Yesterday it dropped to 62 and in the past my lows have ranged from 50 - 62.  
I recently got some blood work done as well.  My GFR was >89, which someone said I should be concerned with, but my Creatine level was 0.6 which I was told was within a normal range.  I have no idea what these results mean, are they even associated?
Creatinine measures how the kidney is functioning. Creatinine clearance is used to estimate the glomerular filtration rate (GFR) -- the standard by which kidney function is assessed.

Glomerular filtration rate (GFR) is a test used to check how well the kidneys are working. Specifically, it estimates how much blood passes through the tiny filters in the kidneys, called glomeruli, each minute.

Associated with Diabetes? Somewhat for you rapid decline/incline of glucose levels may impair your kidney functions. I would be more concerned on how and when you will start treatment to control your Hypoglycemia.
Share What Diabetes Topics Matter to You — $50 Gift Card!
Start by taking this 1-2 minute survey on diabetes information and advice that will help us make MedHelp more valuable to you.

If we’d like to interview you, we’ll reach out via e-mail. Those selected will receive a $50 Amazon gift card for their participation.
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
Track your weight