Hair loss
I know the title seems like it should be in another forum. But, I was diagnosed in Jan. 08 with pre-diabetes, and since that time, I have had problems with quarter size patches of hair loss happening here and there.
They usually appear on the back of my head or behind the ears. A bit easier to hide that way. They appear and last for a month or two, maybe a little longer, then the hair grows back. And I have noticed patches other places like the thigh or calf. Now, I have to ask if anyone has had problems with hair loss and diabetes because my husband, family and myself can't think of any other reason for what's happening. I have no insurance right now. There is no way to get it right now. And I am getting desperate as I realize now that these spots won't always be hidden since now I have one on the top of my head and have had to train my hair to lay the other way.
I am a female. So, needless to say, this is very hard to deal with.
Does anyone have any ideas?
I used to loose allot of hair before I became Diabetic, and back then It was a Thyroid problem, hair falling out and tired allot...Once on thyroid meds my hair quit falling out so YOU might want to get your Thyroid checked out,no need to fast just ask for the blood test...That is the main sign of Thyroid Disease, hair falling out and severe Tiredness...Good luck