Diabetes - Type 2 Community
Hemp oil A cure for diabetes ?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to type 2 diabetes, celiac disease, depression, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, islet cell transplantation, diabetes nutrition, parenting a diabetic child, gestational diabetes, and insulin pump therapy.

Hemp oil A cure for diabetes ?

Hello All ,
I have read different articles on the web stating the benefits of Hemp oil to cure/Treat Diabetes ?
Does any one know about it ?
  • DIAB X (17 replies):
    Anyone can comment on DIAB-X, I was recently diagnosed w...[more]
Fact: Currently there is no cure for diabetes
Myth: Cure diabetes with hemp
Fact: Web sites proclaiming this and that cure based upon unknown studies are
         SCAMS
Fact: Web site/s that do NOT name study/trial/research nor provide links to
          human clinical trial/s or results on xxxx herb/supplement/drug backing
          up printed claim are SCAMS
Fact: FDA requires human clinical trials with clear positive results before approving
         item to be sold on mass market. An example of a few trail criterias:
         1. The age groups of both genders
         2. Total number of participants
         3. Degree of diabetes: prediabetes, mild to moderate, advanced
         4. Each participant average glucose before and after receiving treatment
         5. Dose and duration of testing
         6. Number of participants receiving placebo

Fact: In several clinical trials Hemp has been shown to lessen the degree of inflammation and tingling in extremities with ppl having neuropathy.

If you do come across a web site that provides the 3rd Fact, please provide us a link so we can read the results for ourselves. I in turn will pass it along to several doctors for their reading and feedback.
Waverider is 100% correct.
I only saw it on Youtube and some other articles on internet Have to agree.
www.ncbi.nim.nih.gov.

If you use the above website to search for things like "endocannabinoid system + diabetes" or even "cannabis + diabetes" you will find a LOT of information. That is your "3rd fact". The problem is people just need to do the research. A lot of the conclusions in the studies on the above website are that cannabinoid-based therapies are where it's at in regards to diabetes. They suggest that receptors in our brain that specifically "light up" when cannabinoids are introduced are WHAT must be targeted for a cure for diabetes. It's science.
Sorry, I didn't see mentioned results from human clinical trial/s. Discussions, research, or studies are not a 3rd fact. Unless proof exists of positive human clinical trial/s results no claim can be made to usage, treatment, or cure for diabetes.
WaveRider, you aren't going to find that as long as cannabis is federally illegal. Sad fact. That doesn't mean it isn't a cure; science has all but proved as much as they could short of the human clinical trials they won't be allowed to do. It all comes back to the fact that pharmaceutical industries make too much money to ever let a plant become a cure-all for any disease. However, the link I provided should at least make some eyes pop open, providing they understand what they're reading.
Hi everyone -

Please remember to speak with your doctors before trying anything as a treatment and/or cure.  You may have other health conditions that can make certain treatments dangerous for you.

Thanks,

Emily