Diabetes - Type 2 Community
Hives
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to type 2 diabetes, celiac disease, depression, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, islet cell transplantation, diabetes nutrition, parenting a diabetic child, gestational diabetes, and insulin pump therapy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Hives

I have been a TYPE II diabetic now for a few years....all is under control pretty well except for lately ...The last 3 weeks i have been in complete agony from hives....legs, feet. back....arms....total body...The hives move around and like other ppl.. i have tried everything under the sun to stop it....mine starts with burning... i feel like my body is on fire...it radiates heat...even turns red...then the itching starts and before long i have the hives...looks more like welts...i am going crazy....i find benedryl helps but i have to keep taking it...then if i am still itching i use lanacaine....Can anyone out there tell me why this is happening...Im in complete misery...thank u....Dakotas
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Sounds like an allergic reaction....did you recently switch medication or can you think of anything else that you are exposed to lately that can trigger the allergic reaction?
Blank
729224_tn?1231483401
I have racked my brain for weeks trying to think of what could be doing this...even thought about laundry detergent and other things like that...but i have done nothing different and diet is the same....so that really only leaves it to the diabetes alothough nothing like this has surfaced in the past ....All i know is i am in complete misery from this...

Thanks for your in put...:)
Blank
Post a Comment
To
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
Start Tracking Now
Blank
Weight Tracker
Track your weight
Start Tracking Now
Recent Activity
1236893_tn?1394988190
Blank
New Food Ingredients
19 hrs ago by gymdandee
Blank
Sandman2 commented on Toxic Herbicides in B...
Apr 24
1236893_tn?1394988190
Blank
gymdandee commented on Toxic Herbicides in B...
Apr 23
Diabetes - Type 2 Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...
Apr 16 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eaters: How to Silence Yo...
Mar 26 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank
1344197_tn?1392822771