Diabetes - Type 2 Community
How to increase Insulin in the body ???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to type 2 diabetes, celiac disease, depression, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, islet cell transplantation, diabetes nutrition, parenting a diabetic child, gestational diabetes, and insulin pump therapy.

How to increase Insulin in the body ???

HI Friends,

Today I got my insulin levels tested in blood during fasting.

Result is 9.98   where the range is 2 to 25 IU

My doctor said it is quiet low....but still okay....

Please answer my  2 questions.

1) How to Increase insulin in body directly or indirectly without any medicine it it possible by any exercise, dieting or particular food ?

2) Does the level of insulin can go high or low or it only comes down and never rises in life time ?

1.) Yes to all three. See below
2.) Pancreas insulin production and absorption fluctuates as the body requires. We have spoken to you previously about your nutrition and what you need to do. I do not wish to repeat myself. Try using Google search on insulin and exercise, and pancreas insulin and glucagon production to regulate blood sugar for detailed explanations. There is not enough space here to post. Good luck

Your question , in my humbble opinion,is the one that the whole world is hopelessly longer for. Right now there is no answer to that.
Otherwise , try Victoza.
Once a Diabetes 2, you will be for life with this dreadful llness.
A lucky D2 or T2 is the one that can live out the rest of his or her life without any complications, my friend. This is just my sincere  opinion. I hope that I am wrong so that the disease is someday curable.
1.) Yes to all three. See below

Thank u friends, I will follow a strict diet, nutrition food and exercise a lot.....cut off carbs and doctor has told me to get the insulin checked after 3 months....I will leave around 4 months and get it checked.......rest is a fate.......!

One thing doctor told me that dont take stress which causes negtive effect on pancreas....hopefully...we will see what happens....

There is interesting stem cell therapy research going on which can give some good news to sugar patients....take care all !