Diabetes - Type 2 Community
Hypoglycemia

This patient support community is for discussions relating to type 2 diabetes, celiac disease, depression, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, islet cell transplantation, diabetes nutrition, parenting a diabetic child, gestational diabetes, and insulin pump therapy.

Hypoglycemia

So I Was Diagnosed With Hypoglycemia When I Was 15.. I'm 18 Now. It Seems Like It's Gotten Worse As I've Gotten Older. I'll Eat.. Then Not Even An Hour Later, I'll Start Shaking. This Stuff Is Horrible. I Just Need To Know If It's Because I'm Not Eating Enough Or It's Because Of The Food I Eat. Help!

Do you have a blood sugar meter?  Do you know what your blood sugar actually is when you start shaking / feeling bad?

Blood sugar meters are not so expensive.  It may help to record what is happening.

To keep blood sugars stable you need to eat small meals frequently.  these should consist of protein and fat (and a little bit of carb).  AThe fat and the protein will help the food to be digested slowly and help keep sugars stable.  Carbohydrates should be slowly digestible ones with fibre and fat included, ideally.

Although you may feel like eating lots of carbs when you shake this may actually make things worse.  Sugar will hit, then your insulin will rise high to counter the sugar, and then your sugar will drop again.

Are you over, under or ideal weight.  You weight would indicate if you are eating enough.  

It may not be how much you are eating, but the types of foods.

Hope this helps.  Please ask more questions so we can further help.

Yes, as sally mentioned, by all means get a home glucose test meter and test, test, test to learn when your glucose drops below normal levels. Carbs are your worst enemy. After a high carbohydrate meal your blood sugar increases which forces your pancreas to produce more insulin. This in turn may cause a hypoglycemic episode. It's probably in your best interest to carry glucose tablets and/or hard candy to combat the lows. G-tablets can be purchased at most drug stores OTC. Usually only one-two tablet is needed to stabilize your levels.

Lastly, what I didn't see in your post are doctor/s comments from a recent health checkup. Please see one ASAP if you haven't. Constant blood sugar swings of highs/lows puts tremendous stress on your cardio system. Also a risk of coma if one goes too low, so again, please see a doctor asap. Good luck
I Mean I've Already Been To A Doctor Like A Month Or So Ago And He Basically Told Me To Keep Orange Juice And Peanut Butter Crackers.. Or Just Something Sweet With Me At All Times. I Weigh Like 128 Pounds. Then He Told Me Just To Keep A Good Diet Going On.. And I'll Look Into Getting A Blood Sugar Meter Because It's Really Needed All The Time For Me. Lol. But Thanks For Y'alls Help! (: I Really Appreciate It.
Sounds like your weight is not high.  If your energy is ok assuming that how much you eat is ok.

If you do use orange juice or crackers when you feel low you should only use a small amount.... larger amounts would cause your sugar to go high then crash.  Better to eat protein and fat with just a little carb regularly.

Let us know how you go.