Diabetes - Type 2 Community
Hypoglycemic - 5 HR Glucose Test
About This Community:

A community of people with Type 2 Diabetes to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: nutrition, wellness, symptoms, and treatments.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Hypoglycemic - 5 HR Glucose Test

Dose  75 - 8:30 a.m.
Fast Glu 85  - 9:00 a.m.
0.5 H Glu 91  - 9:30 a.m
1 H GLU 94  - 10:00 a.m.
2 H GLU 58  - 10:30 a.m.  <- This is when I felt awful
3H GLU 74 - 11:30 a.m.
4H GLU 78 - 12:30 p.m.
5H GLU 82 - 1:30 p.m.

My physician recently diagnosed me with hypoglycemia. I have been eating right, high protein, several meals a day and still am experiencing dizziness. I cannot concentrate before and after lunch time. I get very dizzy before I eat and after I eat, I am still dizzy.

I am not sure what is going on with me. I am thinking about switching to a new doctor. My doctor wants me to see a new Endochronologist, but none have helped me in the past.

I also have hypothyroidism. I had 90% of my thyroid removed in 2003. I am currently taking Nature Throid 65 mcg and Cytomel 5mg

Any advice or suggestions would be amazing. I have spent countless hours researching, I just want to give up trying to figure this out myself. I really wish a doc would figure out why this is happening. I ended up in the ER last monday morning because of my dizzy spells.  Its ruining my life!
Blank
141598_tn?1355675363
"My physician recently diagnosed me with hypoglycemia."

You may have misunderstood when your doctor mentioned hypoglycemia. According to your test results, the postprandial 2 hr level is low, the others normal. Is this doctor an Endocrinologist? Normally I would say this points to a symptom called Reactive Hypoglycemia. But in your case, with the majority of your thyroid removed, you may need your medication adjusted and/or re-evaluated. Have you had your pancreas insulin production checked lately?

You mention that you've had unsatisfactory experience with past Endocrinologists. Were any at a major teaching hospital, one that is located on or near a college university campus - such as St Louis University Hospital? I suggest you see one there. This is where the medical experts in your area teach and practice medicine. Other centers in MO can be located here http://tinyurl.com/st-louis-centers
Good luck