IN NEED OF SUPPORT :'(
I'm a 15 yr old with diabetes type 2 and i'm in need of major support to get through all this! When i found out that i had diabetes at the age of 12 i thought it was just like a virus or something, but i never thought that it was gonna be like a battle field! i can't enjoy most of the things that other kids my age enjoy. Turns out that having diabetes type 2 is ALOT harder of getting rid of (if possible) than i thought.
Hi there

I've sent you a private message with the name of a great website with lots of other diabetics including many your age, though a lot of them are type 1. How was your type diagnosed, did you have antibody testing? What treatment are you having? How does it work? You should be able to find a balance of diet, exercise, weight loss and medication that lets you continue to enjoy your life and do the things other kids your age do. It just might take a little work to get there, but diabetics can do anything!
Zoe
Hi there!
    What is your weight? Or better yet, BMI? I've had type 1 since age 14, and I promise the only way you can live with it is to realize its just a lifestyle change. Losing weight at the moment is the only recorded "cure" for type 2 diabetes, but if you were diagnosed at age 12 you may have some other problems, not weight issues, that have caused your body's insulin resistance. I know it seems overwhelming and a lot of work, but if you want to make the best of the ONE body you have, and the ONE life you will live, you have to be seriously motivated about diet and exercise; not a fad diet, a permanent and steadfast lifestyle. You have two choices: live with a constant headache, blurred vision, unquenchable thirst, irritability, fatique, and frustration OR make necessary changes to ensure liveliness, energy, luster, satisfaction, and over all happiness. Like I said, there is NOT a miracle cure, don't waste your time looking for one when you can just accept the fact that you have a condition that dictates what you eat. Things could be SO much worse for you, don't ever let your condition make things worse. YOU ARE IN ABSOLUTE CONTROL. It took me a while (almost 10 yrs) to realize this about my type 1, don't take as long as me!