Is phentermine safe for a diabetic adult?
My father is 52 yrs. old, he's been insulin dependent for about 15yrs.  He's 5'7 and weighs about 200lb.  He really doesn't follow a diet.  He eats whatever he wants, but when he checks his blood and it's about 300 or 400 he just injects his insulin. Since he eats whatever he wants, he doesn't lose any weight.  Doctor's have told him he needs to lose weight.  He also has had high cholesterol, but took some meds and it's normal now.  I went to a doctor and lost about 10lb. with phentermine and B-12 shots every 2 wks. Does anyone know if it's safe for a diabetic person to take phentermine.  His doctor prescribed him "Alli" to lose weight, but he didn't even bother to buy them.  I just get scared that one day he might get a heart attack.  He just doesn't take care of himself, he sometimes gets upset with Mom, when she tries to tell him, not to eat certain foods because they're bad for him.
This is a question for your father's doctor and/or your local Pharmacist. Its not a good idea to give your medication to someone else as the potential for negative/deadly drug interaction may occur, the dose may be too high, etc.

"He just doesn't take care of himself"
That he has to do as a first step. If he doesn't take his prescribed medication, is it possible to hide the med in his food so he doesn't know he's taking it? And, why is there "eat certain foods because they're bad for him." in the house? You're tempting him but then question his actions.

Lastly, your mother can obtain the "Alli" - whatever this is - for him. Where I live, the doctor's office can call the pharmacy to explain your mother is acting in behalf of your father and to release the Rx to her. Good luck.
I would NOT give the phentermine at all to anyone.  Personally I believe that drug messed up my whole body ~7 years ago.  As for any heart issues it is dangerous.  

As mentioned above I totally agree with WaveRider....he needs to "learn how to eat right and care for himself".  Getting tempting foods out of the house is a great idea too.

Maybe you or your Mom could help him by little things to start like going out for relaxing walks with him and get him started on exercising that way...one step at a time.  Eventually start walking longer and faster.  
If he is a handyman around the house ask about starting a new project.  Even something like painting the walls will get him moving.  That way he can be moving around and getting somewhat of a workout without even knowing it.  hee hee

Best of wishes to you.