Diabetes - Type 2 Community
Januvia for diabetes

A community of people with Type 2 Diabetes to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: nutrition, wellness, symptoms, and treatments.

Januvia for diabetes

My husband is borderline diabetic.  He has been given januvia 100mg.  Is this dosage too much for him.  He's been experiencing stomach pain and when he started taking the medication had the runs.  Someone told me that she was on the same medication and was given 40mg, which was too much for her.  I'm concerned that the amount he's taking is causing this pain and discomfort.
Avatar n tn
I just began with Januvia 100mg. i was told to expext some minor stomach discomfort, and I had some the first day--none since. This is only one per day--if it works--GREAT!!!
Avatar n tn
I started on Januvia 100mg about 2 weeks ago, I experienced no pain or discomfort, It seemed to work great for the first week or so, my glucose went from like 370 down to 137. I was very happy but all of a sudden it stopped working, blood sugar back in the 370 range. had to start insulin...hope that works
i am a type 2 diabetic, taking januvia 100mgs for 4 months,  no side-effects, but sugars not well controlled, i was told that this medication works differently to the normal oral anti-diabetic ones.
still taking them.
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
Track your weight