Diabetes - Type 2 Community
Just found out my sugar is up, now what

This patient support community is for discussions relating to type 2 diabetes, celiac disease, depression, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, islet cell transplantation, diabetes nutrition, parenting a diabetic child, gestational diabetes, and insulin pump therapy.

Just found out my sugar is up, now what

well I just found out that my sugar levels are up and my kidneys aren't functioning and neither is my liver, so now what do I do?? I am only 58.
CAT
I'll pray for you.  I'd talk to your doctor.  With kidney failure, you can get dialysis.  I knew someone who was type I diabetic many years ago (lost touch with him after I switched jobs), and he had to start dialysis in his early 50s.  He got type I when he was a kid.  I don't know if he had liver issues or not, or what they do for the liver, but dialysis will help cycle your blood out when your kidneys fail.  I  have lupus and diabetes, so I have a double risk of kidney failure, so I am very interested in finding out about possibilities and stuff, or I guess finding out more stuff to worry about.  I think for a failing liver, they try to save whatever part is functioning, and if that doesn't work I think they do liver transplants. It sounds very scary, but you really need to ask your doctor as much as you can, even if you are scared to know.  I will pray for you and your organ health.
Follow this to bring the sugar level under control and improve the liver and kidney function.
These pranayam exercises will help control the diabetes and the side effects.Build up the timing gradually.If you feel tired or dizzy, stop and resume later.The benefits will be noticed in weeks as the sugar level is checked daily.Over the long tern the diabetes will be in full control and the medicine can be reduced in consultation with the doctor.
Anulom Vilom –
Close your right nostril with thumb and deep breath-in through left nostril
then – close left nostril with two fingers and breath-out through right nostril
then -keeping the left nostril closed deep breath-in through right nostril
then - close your right nostril with thumb and breath-out through left nostril.
This is one cycle of anulom vilom.
Repeat this cycle for 20 to 30 minutes twice a day(maximum 60 minutes in one day).
Children under 15 years -  do 5 to 10 minutes twice a day.
You can do this before breakfast/lunch/dinner or before bedtime or in bed.Remember to take deep long breaths into the lungs.You can do this while sitting on floor or chair or lying in bed.

Kapalbhati -(Do it before eating) Push air forcefully out through the nose about once per second. Stomach will itself go in(contract in). The breathing in(through the nose) will happen automatically. Establish a rhythm and do for 20 to 30 minutes twice a day.(Max 60 min/day)
Children under 15 years – do 5 to 10 minutes twice a day.
Not for pregnant women. Seriously ill people do it gently.

Also everyday press the centre point of the palm of your hand 40 times with the thumb and press the tips of all fingers 40 times each.