Diabetes - Type 2 Community
Losartan medication for Type II Diabetic

This patient support community is for discussions relating to type 2 diabetes, celiac disease, depression, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, islet cell transplantation, diabetes nutrition, parenting a diabetic child, gestational diabetes, and insulin pump therapy.

Does Losartan cause some people to have vivid dreams, nightmares, and/or hallicinations as a side affect?
I have been taking Lorsartan for over a year now, and it doesn't cause me to have anything like you mentioned. I take it for high blood pressure, and Metformin for Diabetes. Hope this helps.
Hi there!

Losartan use has not been directly associated with vivid dreams, nightmares, and/or hallucinations.
Hope this information is helpful.

Take care!
I have been on it now for three months and my dream are more and very vivid!  I dream every night now and they are crazy ones. Not to mention I get the tingling in my hands and feet, plus palpitations every now and then. But the dreams are the worst. You are not the only one, if your still on it:)
This is an interesting side effect and should be reported to the FDA through the form on their website. That being said, Losartan is a very good drug with many life-saving benefits.