Low blood sugar after eating
Two and a half months ago I went to my dr for a routine check up and she did a CBC and also checked my blood sugar. My fasting sugar was 103 the first time and 110 the second visit. My hbA1c was 5.8  She said I have "pre-diabetes" and sent me to a nutrionist.  The nutritonist gave me a glucose meter so I could check my bs after meals and fasting.  After two months of excercise and diet change I have lost 15lbs.  My blood sugar is no longer high in the mornings ( usually between 87-93) but now I've noticed it goes down to about 71-75 two hours after eating.  I started checking it at one hour after eating and one time it was 139 then at the two hour mark it was 71. That was after having a grilled hamburger and 1/2 cup of mashed potatoes for dinner. I thought my blood sugar was getting under control and now it's running low.  Can anyone tell me why this might be happening?  Thanks
First, congrats on losing the weight and getting your glucose levels under control. What you are experiencing is called reactive hypoglycemia [or alimentary hypoglycemia] which is low glucose that occurs after a meal — usually one to three hours after eating. What also can be happening is a carb crash caused by eating mashed potatoes and buger bun [white bread]. Eating a meal laden with high carbs can cause your pancreas to kick into overdrive to produce insulin to counteract the onset of sugar from the foods you just consumed. That rush of insulin now creates a yo-yo effect.

It may help to pay attention to the timing and composition of your meals:
●  Eat several small meals and snacks throughout the day, no more than three hours apart.
●  Eat a well-balanced diet including lean and nonmeat sources of protein and high-fiber foods including whole grains, fruit and vegetables.
●  If you eat meat, eat lean meats. Include in your nutrition plan fish and poultry.
●  Avoid or limit sugary foods, especially on an empty stomach.
●  Avoid foods made with white flour - breads, crackers, pasta
●  Avoid high carb meals
●  Be sure to eat food if you're consuming alcohol and avoid using sugary soft drinks as mixers.

You might want to ask your doctor for a thyroid check, if you haven't done so already. A disruptive thyroid can affect how the pancreas produces insulin. HTH...Good luck
It's not that low.
"It's not that low."

True for normal fasting, not postprandial.
Thanks for your help!  I appreciate your feedback!  I was wondering about the reactive hypoglycemia and if that's what it could be.  This lower blood sugar after eating didn't start until my blood sugars were under the normal limits all throughout the day. I realize it wasn't that low but it was lower than what I was used to.  Also, I was wondering if you might know about normal insulin levels?  She checked my insulin level and it was 6, she said 0-25 was normal??? If it's 0 doesn't that mean your body isn't producing insulin and wouldn't that be Type 1 diabetes? She said mine was on the low end but it was normal.  I can't get her to give me an answer on that...she said if I was concerned about it she had an endocronologist she could refer me to.  I don't really think I need to go that route because I'm not diabetic. Thanks!
"I was wondering if you might know about normal insulin levels?"

Labs vary by what labs call normal as most labs set their own ranges. I agree, 0 is an unusual low range as as I usually come across 5 mcU/ml as the low range and 20 mcU/ml the high.

For reference, insulin is produced in the pancreas by beta cells. To monitor insulin production by beta cells in the pancreas and to help determine hypoglycemia ask for a C-Peptide test. As I stated earlier ask for a thyroid test too. These two tests should go hand-in-hand to help determine why your postprandial glucose drops so rapidly. And, yes, please go see an Endocrinologist, a diabetes specialist as he/she can not only perform these tests, but also explain the outcome and how to treat, if any. Good luck.