Tbd
METFORMIN AND GLIPIZIDE
JeKO68External User
I have diabetes and am having difficulty managing medications. I take 2000 mg of Metformin and 10 mg of Glipizide each day, and I get sick: nausea, dizziness, confusion.

What am I doing wrong?
have you been testing your blood sugars?  What is your blood sugar level when you are feeling unwell.

If it is low (120 - 140), then you could consider reducing the amounts of carbs / sweets you eat and making a schedule to discuss your medications with your Dr.

If your blood sugar is on target, and you continue to feel unwell you should talk to your Dr to get to the bottom of this.

Wishing you good health.
Not so sure that you're doing anything wrong.  Metformin can be had on some peoples stomach.  I'm fortunate and don't have that problem.  I would speak to your doctor about the problem and see if they can come up with a more effective, less agonizing med to help you get your BG levels under control.  (Make sure you are taking your meds with food or shortly before or right after eating....)  Get exercise, drink tons of water and monitor your BG levels.