Diabetes - Type 2 Community
Microalbumin of 357; eGFR of 89

A community of people with Type 2 Diabetes to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: nutrition, wellness, symptoms, and treatments.

Microalbumin of 357; eGFR of 89

I was recently diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes with blood glucose of 506 with eGFR of 70. When I went back 2 days later to do additional blood work (I had been on Metformin for 2 days), my blood glucose came back at 246, microalbumin at 357, creatine of 156 and eGFR at 89. What does this mean? Do I have kidney disease for sure since my microalbumin was so high? Or do they have to redo labs or do other labs to confirm? At most I have only had diabetes for 2 years; my routine blood work showed blood glucose of 124 in 2010 although I was never told till now. Please help. Thank you.
Hi there!

Microalbuminuria, decreased eGFR and elevated creatinine levels indicate renal compromise which may or may not be related to diabetes. With history of just 2 years of the condition, the later is a more likely possibility. I would suggest discussing the situation and the management plan in detail with your treating doctor.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
Track your weight