Morning readings?
I have had type 2 for about three years. Recently my morning readings have started to go up and average around 130. During the day before lunch and dinner, I am seeing reading below 100. My A1C last doctors visit was a 5.6 so I am not to concerned but is this normal for those out there?
Tbd
scarboExternal User
I have the same problem with my morning reads.  I spoke to a dietitian about it and she suggested eating a small amount of carbs and protein such as a few crackers and cheese just before bed to help keep the reads low.  I have tried this once and it seemed to keep my morning read from being excessively high.  She said it was due to my body releasing additional insulin because it was not processing any food.
You could possibly be experiencing some mild hormone changes that cause your liver to release a little more glucose as a response.  That happens to me (I think) on occasion - as I get a little acne on the chin, nose or forehead which seems to be an indicator of a hormone change.  Stress is a factor.  Another factor, increasing the intensity of my workouts, will cause a little acne which is soon followed by a slight rise in morning BG.  Also, if my sleep patterns change where I'm not getting a full 6.5 to 7 hrs of sleep, which is in the range I need, then I notice a slight uptick in morning BG reads - plus an annoying zit or two.

I'm just throwing out some possibilities.  Not sure if any of this would apply to you but I'd be interested to hear of your experiences, similar or different.

Best of luck.
Fasting blood sugars in the 120s and 130 are higher than desired.  These are caused by your liver releasing glucose in response to fasting over night.  
Are you on meds?  Glucophage / metformin at bedtime can be useful for helping calm down the liver.

Other options include a small protein snack at bedtime, exercise in the evening, a small glass of wine in the evening.   These may or may not work, but no harm to try.
If u are diabetic and fasting sugar is high in morning use diamicron in the medicine along with metformin.  It controls morn  blood sugar