My fasting blood sugar is 71 mg/dL
I've been taking metformin 500mg once daily for the 6 weeks. My blood fasting sugar level has gone down 71 mg/dL and hasn't gone over 80mg/dL for the last 5 days. My blood sugar level after meal in the evening (I took 2 hours after dinner) has been under 100 mg/dL for the last 7 days.
Should I stop taking medication? I've just called my doctor but his office is closed today because of snow storm. I'm afraid that the glucose level might go lower 70mg/dL if I continue to take the medicine.
Would you give me some advice on this? I can't wait until Monday when the doctor office is open again.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Ken
These are excellent numbers which are probably the result of the metformin so you probably don't want to stop it! Unless your numbers drop lower I wouldn't worry about it and you can talk to your doctor next week about any changes he wants to make.  If you do go below 60 you can treat it with a couple glucose tablets to bring it back into range (don't overdue treating a low because this results in going high and is a common mistake)
Thanks a lot for your information and advice!

Ken