Diabetes - Type 2 Community
PACs/PVCs While Pregnant-Delivery Questions

This patient support community is for discussions relating to type 2 diabetes, celiac disease, depression, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, islet cell transplantation, diabetes nutrition, parenting a diabetic child, gestational diabetes, and insulin pump therapy.

I am 33 weeks pregnant and have been having serious anxiety due to delivering my baby even before we decided to get pregnant again. My first son was born at 39 weeks at 8 lbs. 8 oz. (he was BIG) and required 2 hours of pushing within 14 hours of labor. It was a lot of stress on my body.

Prior to giving birth to my first son, I had no heart issues at all. I was a normal heart rate/blood pressure and my heart beat never bothered me.

After my son turned a year I started feeling a lot of palpitations which also triggered anxiety.. which triggered MORE palpitations. I thought I was going to die because I had an arrhythmia. Finally, I was able to see 2 different cardiologists. I found out that I am having PACs and PVCs (otherwise known as premature contractions of the heart).

My fear is having another large baby and putting stress on my heart in delivery. I am really not looking forward to delivering this baby and having something go horribly wrong :( My doctor offered a C-section at 39 weeks if the baby is 8 pounds or heavier, but I want to do everything in my power to avoid a c-section.

My problem is.. I am afraid to do a natural delivery for fear of putting too much stress on my heart and having other issues. Anyone else have these type of issues with anything?
Hi!
I am sorry to hear about your worries during pregnancy. I suggest you get a cardiac re-assessment and talk to the cardiologist in detail about the stress on your heart during delivery. Also, go by your Obs and Gyn’s advice and opt for a C-section if our ultrasound reveals a large baby.
It may also help see a therapist while you await delivery, and take up listening to music, yoga and meditation to relieve anxiety. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.