Pain in back of upper legs
I have pain in the very upper back of my legs and the inside of my legs where the thigh meets the body.  It began a few weeks ago.  I am 64 and have been a type 2 diabetic for 5 years.  I also have been treated for hypertension and high cholesterol levels since the age of 50.  I take daily Glucophage 500 x 2, Januvia 100, Actos 30 (newly prescribed), Lisinopril 40, Amlodopine 10 (newly prescribed), and HCTZ 25.  What do you think is the cause of my pain?  Thanks.
There are many causes for leg pain, one being diabetes. http://arthritis.about.com/od/legpain/Leg_Pain_Causes_Symptoms_Diagnosis_Treatment_Pain_Relief.htm
A doctors physical exam is necessary to rule out muscle, joint, or nerve damage.
Did your leg pain start after starting your new medication?
Have you started doing something physical recently- walking more, exercising more/less?
Have you had a doctor look at your leg for poor circulation, nerve, tendon and/or muscle damage?