Diabetes - Type 2 Community
Pills not dissolving
About This Community:

A community of people with Type 2 Diabetes to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: nutrition, wellness, symptoms, and treatments.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Pills not dissolving

I take Januvia and Metformin in the morning for my diabetes. For the last week when I have a bowel movement at night , both pills are passed whole without having dissolved. Why would that happen?
Tags: bowel, Januvia
Related Discussions
My guess is the manufacturing process.  The same happens with poor quality vitamins.  Nurses nickname them "bed-pan bullets".  BUT, if this is a pharmaceutical drug, they should meet the standards, and dissolve.  I would bring this to your Dr's attention, and fast.  If it doesn't dissolve, you don't get the medicine.  What a waste of money, and risk to your health!!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Share What Diabetes Topics Matter to You — $50 Gift Card!
Start by taking this 1-2 minute survey on diabetes information and advice that will help us make MedHelp more valuable to you.

If we’d like to interview you, we’ll reach out via e-mail. Those selected will receive a $50 Amazon gift card for their participation.
Blank
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
Start Tracking Now
Blank
Weight Tracker
Track your weight
Start Tracking Now
Diabetes - Type 2 Community Resources