Diabetes - Type 2 Community
Pills not dissolving

A community of people with Type 2 Diabetes to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: nutrition, wellness, symptoms, and treatments.

Pills not dissolving

I take Januvia and Metformin in the morning for my diabetes. For the last week when I have a bowel movement at night , both pills are passed whole without having dissolved. Why would that happen?
Tags: bowel, Januvia
Avatar n tn
My guess is the manufacturing process.  The same happens with poor quality vitamins.  Nurses nickname them "bed-pan bullets".  BUT, if this is a pharmaceutical drug, they should meet the standards, and dissolve.  I would bring this to your Dr's attention, and fast.  If it doesn't dissolve, you don't get the medicine.  What a waste of money, and risk to your health!!
Share What Diabetes Topics Matter to You — $50 Gift Card!
Start by taking this 1-2 minute survey on diabetes information and advice that will help us make MedHelp more valuable to you.

If we’d like to interview you, we’ll reach out via e-mail. Those selected will receive a $50 Amazon gift card for their participation.
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
Track your weight