Diabetes - Type 2 Community
Pins & Needles

A community of people with Type 2 Diabetes to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: nutrition, wellness, symptoms, and treatments.

Pins & Needles

What can I do to relieve pain (pins & needles) in my feet?
Follow this link for a MedHelp discussion on "Pins and needles in feet" http://www.medhelp.org/forums/neuro/messages/34077.html

This link on "pins and needles in feet" produced 441,000 hits
http://tinyurl.com/6q4mlk

Due to the lack of information in your post this is as much as I can do for you at this time. Post back if you wish to tell us more; you get this feeling after bathing, eating, waking up, walking, running, medication, sometimes or all the time, etc, etc, etc.
Hi Jingle,
Are you running high blood sugars (I'm assuming you are a diabetic)?  If so, the best way to deal with the pins and needles is to try an maintain healthy levels.  It sounds like you might have neuropathy, if so, there are medications that your doctor might put you on.  I am on several but I don't like it because I'm taking major narcotics, oxycontin, percocet, gabapentin tp name but a few.  Of course not knowing your medical history I am just speculating.  Since neuropathy is a progressive complication, the best thing you could do for yourself is to really keep tight control of your blood sugars, believe me you'll thank yourself later.  I do find however, that just standing up and walking around a bit relieves the pins and needles to some degree.  I know how bad that can feel though and I wish you the best of health.  
Share What Diabetes Topics Matter to You — $50 Gift Card!
Start by taking this 1-2 minute survey on diabetes information and advice that will help us make MedHelp more valuable to you.

If we’d like to interview you, we’ll reach out via e-mail. Those selected will receive a $50 Amazon gift card for their participation.
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
Track your weight
Truth in Olive Oil
15 hrs ago by gymdandee
senseanonymous  commented on photo
MH Community Mgr commented on stacey10's status