Diabetes - Type 2 Community
Pins and Needles

A community of people with Type 2 Diabetes to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: nutrition, wellness, symptoms, and treatments.

Pins and Needles

I suffer pins and needles sensation in the soles of my feet and wonder if this is a symptom of Diabetes or something else. Most noticeable when I am in bed at night time.
Diabetes is a possibility or a slew of other causes. Go see your doctor for a full health evaluation. The doctor may order tests which could reveal the cause of your problem. Good luck -
Cat
Could possibly be what is referred to as diabetic neuropathy. That is a condition which causes a feeling of pins and needles or a burning sensation in the feet. It is caused by nerve damage in the feet as the result of high blood sugar. The sugar damages the neurons and cuts them into pieces (kind of like sugar ninjas) and the result is pain. Tell your doctor and let him/her test your feet. You can be put onto medication which deals with this complication. Good luck.
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
Track your weight
Nighthawk61 commented on mishymoshymarcy's status
melimeli commented on renae176's status
Feb 10
Paxiled commented on GMO CORN
Feb 10