Diabetes - Type 2 Community
Please give suggestion on my sugar levels

A community of people with Type 2 Diabetes to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: nutrition, wellness, symptoms, and treatments.

Hi, iam 55 aged  female my sugar level fasting is 215mg/dl and post lunch is 413mg/dl. i am taking glycomet 500 mg 2 tablets/day should i go for insulin and how much dose should i take to get normal level
Insulin is one of the best options to control BG  Each person needs a different amount of insulin. best to see an MD to get you started
I think you really should see and endocrinologist as soon as you can.  My glucose levels were running very high like yours are.  I tried to treat with my GP but basically made very little progress.  I went to an endocrinologist who put me on Vicotza and glimepiride.  M numbers have dropped drastically.  I am never over 150 now.  Have been on it for maybe a month.  So insulin is an option but there are other medications that help too.  Problem with insulin is it cause weight gain which can perpetuate the over -weight high blood sugar issues!  Vicotza can work as a weight loss aide as well.  Call an endo soon!!
Dog
Your fasting blood glucose has to get below 120. Try doing even 15 minutes of exercise every morning by walking, or even get $10 exercise bands and stretch every day with those. Your blood sugar will start to stabilize, but you may need try a 24 hour insulin like Lantus in combination. You need to be careful, because the insulin and pills cause sudden blood sugar drops if you don't take them properly.

your sugars are dangerously high.  Normal blood sugars are in the range of 80 - 120.

Yes, you definitely should be on insulin and the sooner the better with numbers such as you are reporting.  Ask your Dr. to start you on a basal-bolus system.  You should also consider following a low carb diet to assist in better should control.

Recommend the following books:-

Diabetes Solutions: Dr. Richard Bernstein
Think Like  a Pancreas
Your fasting is 215 and your after meal is 415, when how long after the meal do you test?  What do you eat that raises your BG 200 pts?

We do know Carbohydrates raise BG....  ALL CARBS RAISE BG!  whole wheat will raise BG, rice,potato, most fruit, pasta... if it has carbs it will raise BG.  How much and how fast it goes up depends on the food, how much you eat and you (everybody is different in how they react to carbs)
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
Track your weight
drifter0213 commented on advanced niTD
Theobaldm1989 commented on advanced niTD
melimeli commented on veronica0808's status