Diabetes - Type 2 Community
Prediabetic with food allergy
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to type 2 diabetes, celiac disease, depression, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, islet cell transplantation, diabetes nutrition, parenting a diabetic child, gestational diabetes, and insulin pump therapy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Prediabetic with food allergy

I am a prediabetic who is trying to eat healthy and I have also recently found out that I am highly allergic to cheese. I can not eat eggs due to they make me vomit, no allergy found yet. And I am lactose intolerant.  I am really confused over what I can and can not eat. Everything seems to make my glucose elevate
Related Discussions
  • DIABETES (3 replies):
    what type of food should you eat when your doctor tell y...[more]
  • lowcarb (5 replies):
    hi, my question is im type 2 diabetic and i need to know...[more]
  • food (4 replies):
    what kind of food will i eat as a diabetes patient
  • diet trouble (1 replies):
    I am a 57 yr old women and recently had to have 2/3 of m...[more]
  • glycemic index/load (3 replies):
    I would be interested in anyone's opinion on the ongoing...[more]
141598_tn?1355675363
At first, trying to find appropriate diabetics foods can be confusing but in actuality it's not. Do a Google search on the Glycemic Index, [GI]. In short, [I'm borrowing from another web site], 'the glycemic index of food is a ranking of foods based on their immediate effect on blood glucose [sugar] levels. Carbohydrate foods that breakdown quickly during digestion have the highest glycemic indexes. Their blood sugar response is fast and high. Carbohydrates that breakdown slowly, releasing glucose gradually into the blood stream, have low glycemic indexes. Low GI means a smaller rise in glucose levels.'

Carbohydrates, besides sugar, wreak havoc on type 2 diabetics. But not all do as we do need some carbs for energy. Google simple carbs vs complex carbs to make the GI easier to understand.

Avoid man made prepared packaged and canned foods. If you must eat them read the ingredient label carefully. Carb sugar is listed in grams. Every 7 grams equals one heaping Tablespoon of refined sugar. Eat more fish, vegies, poultry and lean meats. Eat fruit, fruit juices, and fruit smoothies with other foods to slow the absorption of fructose [fruit sugar].

Read other threads on this forum on weight, exercise and foods what to eat and what not to eat as they have been posted numerous times.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
Start Tracking Now
Blank
Weight Tracker
Track your weight
Start Tracking Now