Protein in urine -Diabetic
I am a diabetic and was told I have traces of protein in my urine. I am on a 40/40/20 diet. 40% of my diet is protein.  Will eating all the protein make my kidney's work harder and make my situation worse?
I was reading on the ADA website, that sometimes diets low in protein are recomended when there are traces of protein in the urine
"...make my situation worse?"
Please explain your "situation"? You provided zero information on how well you are controlling & managing your diabetes glucose levels nor told us what they are.

"traces of protein in my urine"
Low levels of protein in urine is normal.
Excuse me for not providing enough detail...

My A1C results are always great (6 or less). My glucose levels are usually in normal range. The doctor is pleased at every visit.  However, my last appointment showed traces of protein in my urine and they mentioned that I may have to start an ACE. So apparently, there was enough protein to worry them!!  I was just trying to find out if eating more protein could make more protein show up in your urine.
Protein in urine discovered on a microalbumin test may often be the earliest sign of diabetic kidney damage. Have you seen a Nephralogist to rule kidney issues or renal pathway infection? Try posting on the Kidney Disease & Disorders & Nutrition forums. Not much more I can help you with since your concern doesn't appear to be about diabetes. Good luck.