Rash on back and chest insulin related?
I just started using insulin in the needle form, and I also take an insulin pill. Since the beginning of this month I have had a rash on my back and chest. Could this be related to my insulin? I tried to make a doctor's appointment but my doctor is out of the country this month. I was wondering if anyone has experienced similar problems, or if anyone has any idea of what could be causing this rash and how to treat it. Any information would be much appreciated. Thanks :)
There are a number of insulin related drugs on the market with varying degrees of side effects. Since you kept your medications [injectable & oral] a secret from us it's impossible to answer your question.

However, you can perform your own research investigation by Googling the name of the drug followed by the words "side effects" [w/o the " "]. Also, if you take other drugs, supplements, or vitamins compare the drug interactions as some drugs do not behave well with others. http://tinyurl.com/ohmbbq
Such a rash is ocasionally developed when using the 24 hour insulin, Lantus. Go to the FDA site and fill out the adverse drug effect form.
Thank you for your help :)