Diabetes - Type 2 Community
Rash on back and chest insulin related?

A community of people with Type 2 Diabetes to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: nutrition, wellness, symptoms, and treatments.

Rash on back and chest insulin related?

I just started using insulin in the needle form, and I also take an insulin pill. Since the beginning of this month I have had a rash on my back and chest. Could this be related to my insulin? I tried to make a doctor's appointment but my doctor is out of the country this month. I was wondering if anyone has experienced similar problems, or if anyone has any idea of what could be causing this rash and how to treat it. Any information would be much appreciated. Thanks :)
There are a number of insulin related drugs on the market with varying degrees of side effects. Since you kept your medications [injectable & oral] a secret from us it's impossible to answer your question.

However, you can perform your own research investigation by Googling the name of the drug followed by the words "side effects" [w/o the " "]. Also, if you take other drugs, supplements, or vitamins compare the drug interactions as some drugs do not behave well with others. http://tinyurl.com/ohmbbq
Such a rash is ocasionally developed when using the 24 hour insulin, Lantus. Go to the FDA site and fill out the adverse drug effect form.
Thank you for your help :)
Share What Diabetes Topics Matter to You — $50 Gift Card!
Start by taking this 1-2 minute survey on diabetes information and advice that will help us make MedHelp more valuable to you.

If we’d like to interview you, we’ll reach out via e-mail. Those selected will receive a $50 Amazon gift card for their participation.
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
Track your weight