Diabetes - Type 2 Community
Red itchy Face

A community of people with Type 2 Diabetes to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: nutrition, wellness, symptoms, and treatments.

Red itchy Face

My face is red, hot and itchy - could this be due to Diabetes or the medication I am taking?  Two years ago I was diagnosed with type 2 Diabetes.  My cholesterol and blood pressure are both high (blood pressure has improved this week since my GP increased the Ramipril to 10mg and added Amlodipine 5mg). Does anyone else get a red face?
Avatar n tn
I am not a Dr. but to my knowledge this is not caused by diabetes.
Contrary to what Kevin Harney says red face is associated with type 2. I would suggest that he doesn't have or know much about the condition. I however am informed as I also have type 2 and am on simvastatin to help with the red face and lower my cholesterol.

I would suggest having a look at the master cleanse if you are really dedicated to getting weight off and getting off your meds. I tried it for ten days and lost twenty pounds. I felt amazing and had loads of energy (I hadn't had any and was thinking this was a lifelong curse of low energy!) I since went on holiday to Florida and put most of it back on after eating like a pig. When I got back I decided that I had to get serious so I am now back on the Cleanse and on day 17. It is amazing and I am slimmer now than I have been for ten years and the weight is still coming off. I have had to stop the Metformin as my blood sugar has been constantly normal and I feel amazing. The diet has its detractors but they are mostly people who haven't tried it and don't have anything to lose from stating an opinion. The people who have tried it however rave about it, me being one of them. The first three days are the hardest but if you can make it through them you will be set to have the best diet experience possible. I would suggest going to Amazon and typing in Master Cleanse by Stanley Burroughs and looking at the reviews.

I hope the face improves.
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
Track your weight
melimeli commented on veronica0808's status
melimeli commented on Belle313's status
Nighthawk61 commented on mishymoshymarcy's status
May 26