Reoccuring yeast infection
I am diabetic and have had a yeast infection for more than a year, I use Monistat a couple times a month but it doesn't help.  Is it dangerous to have one this long and how can I get rid of it?

yeast infections are very common in persons with diabetes.

How well controlled is your blood sugar?  What is your HBA1C.

The better controlled your blood sugar is the more likely you are to be able to beat the yeast.

In such case it would be important to get blood sugar as close to normal as possible (range 80 - 120, and more ideally 80-100 range).  This would be more possible following a low carb diet, avoiding sugar, eliminating most grains and getting low GI carbs from mainly non-starchy vegetables, nuts, and dairy.  Fruits should be limited as these are also sweet, particularly tropical fruits.  Small amounts of berries, and apples would be ok.   No fruit juices, soft drinks, or sweetened drinks.

Considering you are having this problem long term maybe you can also ask your doctor about oral antifungal meds.  There is one called Diflucan, which can be very helpful.  However, it is expensive.

Hope this helps.