Aa
A
A
Close
1533352 tn?1307058256
Shoes without socks
I pretty much never wear socks with my shoes, I just dislike them so much; but was recently told by my doctor that I'm a borderline diabetic and that it may get worse over time.

Is it really that big of a deal if I don't wear socks with my shoes?
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
141598 tn?1355675363
"Is it really that big of a deal if I don't wear socks with my shoes?"
That is your prerogative. Wearing no socks has nothing associated with diabetes.

"...recently told by my doctor that I'm a borderline diabetic and that it may get worse over time"
Yes, that is true. Unless you start to control and manage your blood sugars diabetes becomes a progressive disease. There is no cure for diabetes at the present time. It behooves you to educate your self on diabetes prevention and care starting with eating a diabetic diet void of sugary foods and drinks, low in carbohydrates and starches, maintaining normal body weight, and performing daily 30-60 minute of exercise. Read other threads on this forum as this has been mentioned often. A good starting point is reading this web site http://www.diabetes.org/ . Also, look up "diabetes side effects". Please understand that they will occur if you don't take proper action now. Good luck -
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
Start Tracking Now
Blank
Weight Tracker
Track your weight