Diabetes - Type 2 Community
Sudden onset of black spots on skin

A community of people with Type 2 Diabetes to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: nutrition, wellness, symptoms, and treatments.

Sudden onset of black spots on skin

Recently, i was diagnosed with diabetes type 2. I weigh about 80lbs and am 5'2" tall and am 34yrs old. I am also currently suffering from neuropathic pain all over my body. In addition, about a dozen or so small black spots have begun to appear around my body (arms and trunk). I'm concerned about the sudden onset of the black spots, the edges are even and they are not irregular in shape, they are about 1 to 2 mm and are very slightly raised. Should i be concerned?
I have never heard of the black spots being a side effect of diabetes. You should get it checked out very soon.  Question? Has your weight always been this low?  Are you sure it is diabetic neuropathy?  You said you were diagnosed recently? How is your diabetes being treated?  Were you overweight before? or did you drop weight when you found out you were diabetic? I know lots of questions not all related to your spots.  What kind of numbers do you get when you check your B.S.?  Have you had the 3 month ac1 test. May have spelled that wrong but it is the average of your sugars. The blood is taken at a lab usually.
The spots? I would call your doctor. It may be some kind of fungus , but please don't ignore it!!  My son had something that sounds similar on his feet.  He refused to go to the doctor.... they itched. I had him get antifungal powder.    Hope to hear how you make out!!!
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
Track your weight
moonpiebaby commented on moonpiebaby's status
moonpiebaby 30 days out from getting th... Comment
bdhwolf added the Diabetes Tracker