Diabetes - Type 2 Community
Sugar level

This patient support community is for discussions relating to type 2 diabetes, celiac disease, depression, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, islet cell transplantation, diabetes nutrition, parenting a diabetic child, gestational diabetes, and insulin pump therapy.

Sugar level

Ok, I have been having sugars anywhere from 106-126 in the mornings, I saw sat week one morning it was 133 , today I took it it was 158 in morning all these before eating anything. Tonight I took it almost 4 hours after I ate a big bowl of penna noodles and Alfredo sauce it's 169 is this normal or not, little scared
I suggest you see a doctor and get tested for diabetes. The doctor may do a fasting or an OGTT then follow up with an A1c test if the former/s return positive results. If you haven't had your thyroid tested you may wish to do so then. A malfunctioning thyroid can disrupt blood sugar levels too.

Eating a proper diabetic nutrition, maintaining normal body weight and performing daily 30-60 minutes of exercise helps to control blood sugar levels. If you're currently taking medication/drugs be sure to check with your local pharmacist to see if any elevate blood sugars. Good luck -
Thank you , I have been seeing my reg dr and two years ago she gave me a machine to take it now and than, it's never under a 100 after fasting all night, but I've never had high numbers like lately so I guess it's time to go back and get meds for it, my sister had type one since she was 14 and my mom got type 2 in her early 40 , am now 53 , I lost 26 pds and was watching what I was eating and doing some excise but got slack in the last year. Plus I went to eye dr yesterday had my eyes diluted and she said my eyes were showing pre diabete my veins were narrow, did not know my sugar was running that high to hurt my eyes. Little scared . But will be calling dr Monday morning. If I take my sugar when scared over this will it be higher because of nerves.  Thank you again
To find out if you are diabetic or not, to me, the most inexpensive and quickest way is purchasing a A1C self-test kit called A1C NOW made by Bayer available at WalMart or Walgreeen for about $29.90. This kit is very accurate and simply follow the instruction voila in 5 minutes, the result is in front of you. Good luck
Thank you I might do that that way I will know. Or go see my dr and get it. Just took my morning reading it was back to where it always is 112 so feel better about it today. Just not sure if it runs low most the time why my eyes are showing signs of it.
Your doc is correct as your levels indicate prediabetes. Slacking off hurt you. You have to make it part of your daily routine - proper nutrition, proper body weight, and daily exercise. Include a normal lipid panel too.
Best to see your doc as it may be time to start on meds although you have a better chance to avoid meds by doing the aforementioned.
Hmm, last comment didn't post. This is to correct a statement I made in the previous post. The last sentence should have said, "Best to see your doc as it may be time to 'increase your' meds although you have a better chance to avoid 'the increase' by doing the aforementioned.