Swollen ''Big Toe''
First off i do not know if I am in the right forum but here goes anyway.  My father is a diabetic type 2, age 63 years. He also suffers from arteritis and high/low BP. He is categorised as a general heart patient.
About 1 month now, my father wore a tight fitting shoes which resulted in him sustaining damage to his left ''Big Toe'' It is now swollen along with the entire foot (ankle down). He was advised to take it easy and rest. That works, the foot reduces back to normal size but after several hours of activity on his feet the foot becomes swollen again. What I would like to know, is there any possible way of getting rid of this swelling or reducing it? Obviously my father cannot stay off his feet all day!.
Please if there is anything you need to know to be able to give me any sort of feeback.
Podiatry forum is where your post belongs. If the foot swelling remained, I would be concerned that diabetes was causing neuropathy. But the off feet reduced swelling to on feet increased/sustained swelling indicates foot nerve problems only a Podiatrist can diagnose.
Ok thanks, I will transfer the post.