Diabetes - Type 2 Community
Troubles.
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to type 2 diabetes, celiac disease, depression, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, islet cell transplantation, diabetes nutrition, parenting a diabetic child, gestational diabetes, and insulin pump therapy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Troubles.

I have been recently diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, I'm 36 years old, quite healthy, definatley not over weight and I get this gift bestowed upon me. I must say when I first was told i was Diabetec I thought I was being handed a death sentence. The old, my feet would fall off, my kidneys would fail and I would die hooked up to a dialasis machine. But things have come a long way. My problem is I have lost hope, I don't take care of myself, i rarley eat, it takes everything I got in me to get outta bed in the morning to goto work to support my family. I am always so tired, i have zero energy, lack of intrest in nothing, I have the attention span of a nat and my short term memory is just messed up. I'm in the IT Field (Information technology) I get paid for what I know and what i cans olve and there have been times i can't remember something that is bred into me. I don't know what to do. All i want to do is sleep, it's affecting my family, my job and my life. Any input would be greatly apprecited.
Thanks for your time.
Related Discussions
8 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
  Have you had your Thyroid checked ??  I am type 2 and have been Hypothyroid since in my 20's , long befor being actually diagnosed -- tho I had been deemed  pre-diabetic during that time.   Also HBP if let go, becomming Chronic can affect the memory ( as can diabetes )
---- so there could be more than one condition affecting you.
                                                                                            Junie 37
Blank
Yeah Thyroid checked out fine. In fact I had the whole barrage of blood panels not ecven a month ago, only thing odd was cholesterol and some issues with bilirubin (sp) spilling into my blood stream from my liver but its been that wat since I had my gall bladder removed. Whats HBP ?
Blank
307500_tn?1302119746
Hi there, if u are not eating it's no wonder why u can't focus. Not eating will throw your BS's all off. Diabetes is a disease that can be controlled or it will control u. Everyone knows Type 2 diabetes is something U can change. And your O energy could be from not eating and you might have to high BS or Low. And u said your Cholestol was odd? Are u yellow from the beliruin being to high. What is the cause of this? Do u have heptic problems? And if u lost hope, remember u arenot alonewith this disease millions have it and itswhat we do with it that make a big difference. And one last thought, if your liver is having high biliubin your BS will be all out of wack. i think u might need a new dr. I don't know one that would just say u have bilirubin spelling into your blood stream and not find out why and not help u.....
Blank
141598_tn?1355675363
What are you waiting for? Isn't it time you went to see a doctor to speak about your problems before its too late? Your body is speaking to you saying something is wrong. There are no doctors on this forum, only patients. You may have something beyond diabetes.
Blank
307500_tn?1302119746
There is a Dr on here, got to Http://www.medhelp.org/forums/show/161 it was posted  on page 2 or 3 not too long ago, She answer Questions and is a great person and doctor.. Endemuster go to this site and write her, it is part of this site..
Blank
307500_tn?1302119746
yes it on page 2 on her, it called ask the doctor
Blank
141598_tn?1355675363
The 'Ask the Doctor' is different forum than this one. There is doctor there, not here. Each forum has its own distinct URL.
Blank
Thanks for all your inputs, I appreciate it.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
Start Tracking Now
Blank
Weight Tracker
Track your weight
Start Tracking Now