Diabetes - Type 2 Community
Type 2 Diabetes & A-Fib

A community of people with Type 2 Diabetes to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: nutrition, wellness, symptoms, and treatments.

Type 2 Diabetes & A-Fib

Back in October I ended up in the hospital, diagnosed with a-fib. Including that stay in the hospital, I was in 3 times as the doctors tried to convert.  Finally on the 3rd - with a med. called Tikosyn.  Including that med. I'm on about 16 different meds., some for diabetes, some for blood pressure and adema, some for asthma (diagnosed when I went on lopressor).  One good outcome had been my sugar levels being consistently good since that 1st stay, until almost a month ago.  Because of some difficulties, my doctor switched a couple of my blood pressure/a-fib meds. and just before that added magnesium. For almost a month now, my sugars have consistently been in the upper 200s and low 300s (prior to the change were from 70 - 180).  Is this just a coincidence? Has my diabetes kicked into overdrive on its own, or is the change in my meds a reasonably possible culprit?

Thanks.
  • Am I okay? (1 replies):
    My mother has just recently found out she has type 2 Dia...[more]
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
Track your weight
Benefits Of Turmeric In Bursitis
19 hrs ago by gymdandee
Weekend Laughter (NEW Wine for Seni...
19 hrs ago by gymdandee
Cunning411 uploaded new photos
Sep 30