Type 2 diabetes and getting the shakes and lightheadedness
I am type 2 diabetes and  sometimes I get the shakes and lightdeadedness and feel like i am going to pass out.  When I check my blood level it is usually around 5.7 and I have had symptoms and my blood levels have been up to 7 at times.  I thought that when you get the shakes etc it was because your blood levels are low.  My doctor thinks that I am crazy when I tell him this.  Could it be something all together different, I am very confused about this.
I'm type 2 as well and have had these shakes in the morning when my BG's were high. Not sure of the metric number but mine was about 165. This was in the beginning when I first was diagnosed and experimenting on different foods, etc. I was also new on Metformin. It may have been a combination of the meds and not eating the same foods I had been for so long. It's been over a year now and I no longer get the shakes when I do go high.

For you it could be various things. If you are under the care of the dr then that is the best you can do. Try looking at the meds you take and the types of foods you eat and the times that you eat them. You can experiment with this yourself and see if that helps. It did me. Also make sure you drink enough water too. I get shaky when I don't drink water all day.