Panda
Type 2 weight loss?
chrisypoohExternal User
With type 2 I also have Level 4 kidney disease.  I am approximately 100 pounds overweight.  My doctor says something about balancing the proteins, carbs and fats but I haven't received a definite amount of each at which I should be able to lose without further messing up my kidneys.  Any answers out there.  Of course, something easy like a protein powder would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Cat
osakaroseExternal User
You need to ask your doctor for specifics. If you don't understand something, don't leave the office without getting a clarification from either the doctor or the nurse. Also, most doctors have a certified nutritionist working with their diabetic patients. So ask to see that person; in fact, they usually spend a lot of time with you and have excellent info in the form of brochures and pamphlets. If you have kidney disease, a high protein diet would do more damage. So I don't think a protein powder is a good idea for you. Like I said, get thee back to the doctor and find out what he wants you to do!