Diabetes - Type 2 Community
Very Sleepy and Tired

A community of people with Type 2 Diabetes to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: nutrition, wellness, symptoms, and treatments.

Very Sleepy and Tired

Anybody pls. advise me on my FBS result :  167.87 mg/dl or 9.30 mmo I/L .
Just recently, I am always feeling very sleepy and tired.  Do I need to take some sort of
medication? Any recommendation what needs to be done.  Thanks a lot in advance.
"Any recommendation what needs to be done."
You need to see a doctor unless you already have when you took your FBS, or was this a home kit? You are exhibiting Diabetes symptoms - sleepy & tired. In any case, go see a doctor and get fully tested for Diabetes.
I just second the above recommendation. These seem to be symptoms of blood sugar that is out of control and needs your and a Drs attention. It might be that you could control this with diet but letting it go will only give the Diabetes more time to do damage to other organs--- and you don't want that. I  first started out on med which did bring mine down and then as i read and learned more , I realized that diet & exercise play a BIG part in controlling
diabetes ( at least Type 2 ) so i went after it on both fronts.  I am now off all meds but do have to monitor my levels daily. The optimal number is 88 and always under 120 tho each persons situation may vary in how they respond to the meds,and other attempts to keep the numbers down. If you are Diabetic and do not deal with it now, you will regret it down the road.
                              Good Luck,
                                               PJ
Many thanks for the advice.  Will now consider dieting and exercise.
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
Track your weight
melimeli commented on renae176's status
6 mins ago
melimeli commented on renae176's status
Listeria Risk Triggers Huge Frozen ...
May 04 by gymdandee