Victoza and paranoia/anxiety
I just started Victoza a few days ago and it's already affected (reduced) my appetite. I also don't seem to be experiencing the usual side effects (nausea, headache) others do or that I did when I was on Byetta (I was told Victoza is very similar to Byetta) a few years ago. However ... and this happened to me on a prior med (I forget which one) about 6 months ago, but I started feeling pretty severe anxiety: my face is flushed, my heart is racing, I have a knot in my stomach, and I started getting paranoid (like thinking a friend was going to betray me) for no reason whatsoever. I may talk to my doc about an anti-anxiety med, and I see this is an extremely rare side effect (few than 10 patients out of 10,000 treated get anxiety or paranoia).

Has anyone else experienced this? If so, how long did it last and how severe did it get? Did you take another med to help treat it?

Thanks!

Monica

please talk to your doctor asap.  This could be a side effect (though rare) of Victoza.  The treatment of this would be to stop the Victoza, not to take another medication (antianxiety) to counter the effect.  Antianxiety meds also have their own side effects.

The effect that you describe could also be allergic reaction.  Please stop taking the med and talk to your doctor asap.
Thanks -- you're right, it might have been. But since I only saw this reply today, I never did stop taking the Victoza, and the anxiety/paranoia seems to have subsided. I'd planned on waiting until 10/18 (my next drs. appt) to discuss it with him then.