Weight loss
No matter what I do I cant seem to get any weight off..very frustrating! Been excersising 1 hr a day since last summer. Lost 2 lbs...not fair!
Hi there!

If you are aiming at losing weight, it is important to calculate your current BMI and the target BMI. The target BMI should be in a healthy range. Aside indulging in moderate amounts of physical exercise it is also essential to maintain a healthy diet plan. A healthy diet should consist of adequate amounts of calories with carbohydrates, proteins, fat and plenty of fruits and vegetables to supply vitamins and minerals. Skipping any of the food components is not considered healthy. Also when aiming at losing weight the protein intake may be slightly increased and the carbohydrate intake slightly lowered. The calorie requirement should also be adjusted for one’s physical activities as well. Lower than adequate calorie intake can also cause weight gain, due to the stress hormones kicking in. Start with a healthy breakfast, moderate lunch and light dinner. Also keep a track of calorie intake and your work out. With gradual consistent efforts, you should be able to lose weight as desired in a healthy way.
Hope this helps.

Take care!
If you are diabetic and you aren't loosing any weight at all tells me your blood sugar levels stay under control. The real reason some diabetics loose weight fast is because they do not have such good control. So don't worry, at least your healthy.
Business woman1
deltaofbetterhealthExternal User
I am not a Dr but I will tell you this... I am borerline Diabetic and weighed almost 200 lbs the biggest I have ever been, even outside of pregnanacy.  My wonderful Dr. prescribed me Diethylpropion 75mg and Metformin 500 mg and I take my Victoza shot daily and I have went from 193 lbs to 159 lbs in over 3 or so month, with eating right and little exercise at first, it began to just drop off and now that I have revved up to Insanity for exercise... its thru the roof!  Consult your doctor about this combo and eat right while watching your sugar and you will see the difference!  Good Luck!  You can Do it!
Cat
osakaroseExternal User
An hour a day is great! But you don't say what kind of exercise. If you are walking, it needs to be a brisk walk (which is calculated at about 3.5 mph on a treadmill). Also, you need to be taking in less calories than you are expending in your exercise. Most people over-estimate the number of calories burned and think they can eat the same or even a little more. Get a good book on walking/exercise and let it help you calculate how many calories you are actually burning. Then calculate how many calories you are eating. Remember, take in less calories than you are burning and you can't help but lose weight. Good luck to you!