Diabetes - Type 2 Community
What is the life expectancy of untread diabetes Type 2

This patient support community is for discussions relating to type 2 diabetes, celiac disease, depression, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, islet cell transplantation, diabetes nutrition, parenting a diabetic child, gestational diabetes, and insulin pump therapy.

I'm trying to find an honest answer (no sugar coating - no pun intended) for my question.  My husband is a Type 2 diabetic and refuses to go to the doctor to get assistance for this or his other medical conditions.  His last to sugar reading since APRIL are 368 in August and 670 in April!  He refuses to take it more often advising that: 1- he knows when it's high!  2- He can control it.  This as you might imagine is causing other complications.  Hypertension 180/140.  His response: His work and our children are causing it.  Sleep Apnea, he stops breathing for 18 seconds and increasing (or should I say decreasing) in length between breaths all the time.  His answer: he doesn't need as much o2 as everyone else.  When he can't get to sleep, he has a beer and then can "sleep".  My sense is that he's going into a coma from high blood sugar!?!Yes he has an irregular heart beat.  Sometimes skipping every other beat.  And will pound/restart hard enough that he wakes up screaming.  I can also feel his heart beat through his chest cavity.  Yes, he's having trouble seeing.  How bad?  He's not able to see a stamp on an envelope OR peoples faces and expressions as they walk by or he's talking with them.  He claims this is because of all the time he is on the computer (his work).  

Yes I've tried talking to him about those I know that were amputees, that "doesn't apply to him".  I say yet!!! I've tried talking to him about our children and leaving them behind.  NO IMPACT.  When his sugar was 670 I finally got him to go to the doctors/er and his response when we left was, "see I knew they wouldn't do anything" and "they think it's the I.V. that lowered it.  I'm at a loss as to what to do or say.  His denial and defenses are way to HIGH to receive me (or anyone else IE: his mother, sisters, pastor etc.).  So, I'm now looking at how long he's got left.  He's had it for around 10 years and the only thing I've been able to find is for a 55 year old man.  He's had it since at least 40, so age 55 doesn't count/apply unless I can have a formula for someone that is younger and what impact that gives from diagnosis.  

I know this isn't a pleasant topic, but I need to make "plans".  From what I can tell, he's probably going to have an MI or CVA, both of which run in his family!!!  Any and all help would/is greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!!!