Why can't they get as low as when I was in the hospital
Recently I was in the hospital for sepsis and cellulitis and we found as expected that my Type 2 was not under control. Three new meds for me later (hadn't been on meds in years) my fasting sugars were 70-100 and before meals were 85-100 and before bed was a bit higher at 120-170. The couple nights on higher end I got a VERY SMALL dose of insulin but it was only a couple times. Came home and so far in the first three days lowest sugar has been 112 but getting up to 146 before meals. I don't understand when I am eating the exact same things I had in the hospital. Literally I am buying almost the exact same stuff. I was getting bags of antibiotics but no extra fluid help. Any suggestions. I am trying to get established with a doctor. When I am eating here at home was told to stick to 4 carb units per meal but rarely have I gon over two or three.
I joined a group called Type 2 Diabetes Straight Talk on Facebook. They are an amazing group of supportive people with the same problem, and they have learned through strict diet low-carb high-fat, not only can they control her diabetes that they can really lower their numbers and get their A-1 C back where it belongs. Check them out. But be prepared for some strict, honest advice. Loads of recipes and eating guidelines.
Thank you, i am getting more inline and the nurses and doctors at my wound clinic think my skin, being scared and all the meds I came home on need to get out of my system. But I am going to keep this group as an option. :-)
Hospital is a more controlled environment, maybe, even with the food apparently the same.

Please do focus on getting blood sugars under better control, with meds and diet.

many find that Low carb way of eating, or even ketogenic type diet, is most beneficial, considering that carbs are the problem for people with diabetes.

Take care with your medications.

Managing diabetes well and keep blood sugars normal (whatever that takes) is the objective.