Diabetes - Type 2 Community
Why do I sleep after eating carbs or swets
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to type 2 diabetes, celiac disease, depression, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, islet cell transplantation, diabetes nutrition, parenting a diabetic child, gestational diabetes, and insulin pump therapy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Why do I sleep after eating carbs or swets

I do fine if I limit breads and carbos to nearly nothing, if I introduce sugars like a soda, carbs such as brades or pasta and even the breads on the foods that are fried, sugars in the dressings, I have some obvious problems. I will generally fall asleep like I have been drugged in about 15 to 20 minutes. The following morning I have feet that hurt when I get up for about ten minutes feels like their swollen but not in appearance. Phlem in my throat and nasal area is also a commom response I have noticed. I know I am lastose intolerate, probalbe gluten intolerant, could I also be surgar and carbo intolerant? I just had a terrible meal filled with all the foods I should not eat, carbs, sweets and fried food at Golden Corral. I couldn't get home fast enough driving knowing the sleep was begining to effect me like I have been drugged. I slept today for three hours cold.I woke up suddenly. Why does this happen? What could it be?
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
482325_tn?1210582138
I too had that problem.  A friend repeatedly begged me to check blood levels before I went to sleep, I refused.  It may simply be that your blood levels are too high (like mine were) and you need to watch your diet.  Always check the foods you purchase - like sodas, etc. to make sure that they are sugar free.  Limit the amount as much as you can.  See your doc soon and be sure to take a list of questions.  Don't know what the "Golden Corral" is, but I know I had to give up my love of Chinese food when it sent my blood leved to 543.

You do not say if you have been told you are Diabetic so I will assume that you are.  Just be sure to check your blood levels as many times daily as you can and watch your diet.
Blank
You answered your own question; Eating healthy everything is fine. Eating garbage your body reacts in a bad way. Go get a blood check - glucose and lactose. If you're female over 50 stop eating wheat products. Your body cannot digest wheat, period.
Does Golden Corral derive from where people end up after death?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
Start Tracking Now
Blank
Weight Tracker
Track your weight
Start Tracking Now